Pages

Search Here

Aisyah Sileuw: Surprisingly, my thought was wrong...

oleh:
Aisyah Sileuw

http://sileuwdemeter.blogspot.com/2008/05/lanang-by-yonathan.html

lanang by yonathan

you remember my friend i talked about in my previous post that i wrote in march (if i am not mistaken)? yonathan rahardjo. the guy who was my older classmate when i was in high school? good if you do remember. we met on 2 may in jakarta. that was when i had meeting with my client. he gave a shot to steal my time from that meeting. and i was happy that finally we made it, as we always planned to meet but that plan was a plan, never came to reality.

today his novel, LANANG is launched in bulungan jakarta. i am invited but cannot come as i am still in pontianak. this novel got the first prize in jakarta literature contest. what a big achievement he has made. i never imagine that he becomes an artist: he paints while reading poems; he writes many short stories that are published in many newspaper
and magazines and he just finished another novel. as i mentioned earlier, he was the brightest student for his cohort in high school. i thought he would be a scientist, researcher or whatever that has nothing to do with art. surprisingly, my thought was wrong. i am really proud of him.

i promised him that i am going to write my thoughts on his novel and post it on my blog. hopefully i can keep my promise this time despite my hectic schedules in my new consulting company. he said that this novel talks about a vet named LANANG trying to cope with the avian influenza. that's his main point. i have to read it myself, he added. i am just amazed that many big names wrote forewords in his novel. way to go mas YO. keep up the good work.

PS. You can find this novel in Gramedia or other bookstore. i have checked the price, IDR 55,000 only. it is really cheap for such a good book.

Posted by Aisyah Sileuw on Friday, May 23, 2008

No comments: